The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is an executive-level role, with the holder in collaboration with the President being responsible for the commercial strategy and the development of the organization. Specifically this involves activities relating to marketing, sales and product development to drive business growth and market share. The Chief Commercial Officer will serve on the Leadership Team, offering expert and innovative industry guidance. The CCO will foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission of Alliance Abroad.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals.
- Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth with a particular emphasis on cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation.
- Develop and implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments to ensure that the company identifies and optimizes a clear path to aggressive growth. Assess, build and manage an array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives.
- Develop a strategy and provide leadership for business development opportunities. Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth.
- Innovate new product and program opportunities consistent with company business goals and objectives.
- Proven track record of growing a brand and demonstrated positive ROI marketing successes within target, providing data insights and reports focusing on measurable objectives including CPA, conversion rates, performance per channel, etc.
- Experience with direct marketing methodologies and managing customer acquisition campaigns for multiple online channels to deliver qualified visits and sales within budget
- Identify and execute on untapped potential marketing channels and partnerships that can drive high volumes for low CPA
- Functions daily projects and tasks effectively under pressure and has ability to prioritize responsibilities to effectively accomplish daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual goals while possessing the ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- Excellent understanding of the Social Media campaigns and the latest trends and tools, how to best engage with current and potential customers through the use this medium, providing analysis and recommendations based on best practices
- Ability to optimize and improve existing online marketing channels through best practice and continuous optimization of creative, landing pages and analytics
- Proven leadership, organizational and analytical problem-solving skills, multi-tasking ability, assertiveness, detail-oriented, creative thinking, strong strategic abilities and adaptable to change and stress
- Tactical as well as strategic with excellent organizational, written, presentation, management and interpersonal skills
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel required
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred, or related Business or Marketing field