Melbourne: Sales and Marketing Assistant Paid Internship
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Assistant
Pay: $1500 AUD per month (Internship Stipend)
Where: Melbourne, Australia
Start Date: March 2016
Duration: 6 months
If you love startups, beautiful product design and Australia… this is the job for you! You’ll be challenged with an exciting and fulfilling role in representing this multi-award winning lifestyle product design company in finding new retailers by honing your sales and business to business communications skills.
- Won 3 major awards for design and best product in the past 1.5 years in business
- Featured in numerous major magazines and newspapers including: com.au, The Age newspaper (Australia’s leading national newspaper)
- One of the top 10 most successful projects in Australia on Kickstarter.
- Showcasing in international trade shows, the most recent in the 2015 summer in New York
You’ll be working with smart business mentors that are already sought-after speakers for entrepreneurial and design events. At a fun, supportive and creative environment, you’ll have lots of opportunity to be mentored by a great team, voice your opinion and ideas and learn how to apply your business skills in the most liveable city in the world!
- Increase site traffic, sales and brand awareness
- Planning and development of website content
- Execute and analyse Email Marketing Communications
- Manage day-to-day Office operations e.g. assist with inventory management, sending out orders, applying for trade shows and design awards etc.
- Manage relationships with Press enquiries.
- Completed degree in business, marketing, sales or a relevant field
- 6+ months of demonstrated professional marketing experience in a workplace
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills is a must
- Exceptional social media skills and experience in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work independently and autonomously
- Time management , prioritization and organizational skills are key
- Friendly, mature, hardworking and fun!
- The patience, motivation and perseverance to learn and overcome challenges
- Passion for good, functional design and a genuine curiosity for design trends and ideas!