The Regional Relationship Manager is responsible for the successful management of his/her designated portfolio of host company accounts and J-1 program participants located in the Colorado area, with a focus on in-person management and support of Denver and surrounding communities.
Working in conjunction with the Directors of Programs, Strategic Development and Support Services, the Regional Relationship Manager is responsible for ensuring exceptional service for internal and external customers within their portfolio and to maintain and grow existing business through effective account management, strong involvement in local communities and the cross selling of AAG programs. This entails consistent and high quality relationship building with key contacts at each account and potential clients throughout the year, as well as an annual review of the account, recruitment strategy and execution with the appropriate program team, and in-season support of participant issues related to the Host Company or placement. The role also includes involvement in the community to promote the J-1 and H-2b programs, engage with local organizations and groups on support for participants, and to identify new business opportunities that may exist for Alliance Abroad within the area for business development.
The role requires the management of all projects and activities related to assigned portfolio throughout the life-cycle of the programs; from recruitment strategy to enrollment to visa appointment results to arrivals to in-country experience to departures.
This position will be based in Colorado as our Host Companies are located in Denver and surrounding mountain towns.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work in collaboration with supervisor, Seasonal Programs, Career Development,inance and Host Company on recruitment efforts, support, and all other needs to provide exceptional customer service to our regional host companies. This includes designing a recruitment strategy per season or year that details dates, countries, and plan for fulfilling position requests.
- Train and educate all accounts on their programs, best practices, and the support-account management systems annually for new companies, new employees at the company, and periodic regulatory or policy changes.
- Ensure clear and accurate job or training offer information updated in job or training offers seasonally or annually to help set expectations of participants regarding placement and housing.
- Design helpful and friendly pre-season communication with participants for designated area that helps familiarize them with the area.
- Represent Alliance Abroad within the local community through whatever means are available, from the Community Group efforts and industry associations to local Chamber of Commerce, etc. to promote the J-1 and H-2b programs and AAG services, and advocate on behalf of our participants and companies.
- Identify housing opportunities to sustain the growth of new placements
- Collect and share local business intelligence
- Meet new placements budget goals for the assigned region.
- Work requires professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Functions effectively under pressure. Have the ability to communicate information effectively, accurately, and courteously via e-mail, on the phone and in person.
- Effectively problem solve and understands when to escalate through proper channels within Alliance Abroad.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and database management are required
- Ability to work with multiple cultures and host companies based on numbers of individual and corporate accounts. Sensitivity to balance between participant and host company needs and requests.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 2-3 year time span.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays, and evenings when required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where priorities change regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree. Three years of relevant experience in the customer service industry or related international, cultural exchange or educational program industry.