Work Experience Australia
“The view I and guests get to see every day is amazing! I can’t believe I get to work in such a beautiful place. This has been one of the best experiences of my life so far.” –Sally M.
Paid Internships, Externships, & Seasonal Jobs Arranged Before You Arrive!
Add prestige to your resume and gain international experience while exploring the friendly “no worries” culture down under. We have heaps of paid hospitality internships and jobs waiting for you. Land a 6 or 12-month position with a luxury resort or in a popular tourist destination with guaranteed job placement arranged prior to your arrival. Our experienced team will walk you through the entire process–matching you with the right employer, guiding you through interviews, and helping you get settled upon arrival in Australia. This is your chance earn money living and working down under.
Am I eligible?
Besides being responsible, reliable, and friendly with experience in the food service or hospitality industry, you must also meet the following Australian Working Holiday Visa requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 to 30 at time of application
- Have a passport and a high school diploma (or equivalent qualification)
- Have not entered Australia on a Working Holiday (417) or Work & Holiday (462) visa
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Chile, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Uruguay or Turkey.
What will I be doing?
Work Experience Australia will give you the opportunity to gain valuable direct exposure and insight into the hospitality industry in the fields of culinary, food and beverage, guest services, and more. Work side-by-side with top culinary and hospitality professionals in one of the most highly respected tourist destinations in the world. You will sign a contract with an Australian resort, hotel, or restaurant and will work for 6 months. If you want to stay in Australia for an entire year, you will be placed in another 6-month contract with a different employer. 6-month contracts must be fulfilled!
We are now accepting applications for:
- Cooks and Kitchen Staff
- Food & Beverage Attendants
- Bartenders and Bar Staff
- Porters and Steward
- Customer Service Associates
- Guest Room Attendants
- Shop Assistants
Based on your qualifications and the season, you’ll be placed in one of the high-end, luxury resorts or tourist destinations in Australia. Perhaps you’ll get to enjoy the colorful marine life adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef or find yourself in the modern and sophisticated city of Darwin. Are you an adventurous explorer? Consider the indigenous outback of Uluru or the breathtaking lush landscape of Tasmania.
Looking for a position in one of Australia’s popular major cities? We have guaranteed placements in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne most of the year.
Tell me more about the program fee. Will I get any of that money back?
Since the jobs are being offered under a cultural exchange program, there is a required program fee. This fee will be recovered upon completion of your employment term (it will come in the form of a tax reimbursement). As a non-resident of Australia, you are taxed at a higher rate than residents, but at the end of your six month contract we help facilitate a resident status tax return for you. As you can see from the example below, this refund will most likely be in excess of the initial program fee and upfront costs (like your flight), making this a zero cost endeavor!
Estimated Tax Refund Example
The example below is based on the minimum wage and minimum hours per week of the positions we place participants in. In most cases, hourly wage and hours per week exceed the example below.
Minimum Salary: $16.52/hr (32-hour work week)
*Please note calculations are subject to certain conditions being adhered to and subject to the discretion of the Australian Tax Office.
A participant must stay in Australia for a minimum of 183 days to be eligible for tax refund.
Deferred Payment Financing Available
We have teamed up with TaxBack to offer deferred payment of the program fee for eligible citizenships. Why pay your fee upfront when you can wait until you get your tax return back? Just pay the program application fee ($300 for 6-month, $500 for 12-month), obtain your visa ($420), and book your flight up front to start your working holiday adventure in Australia. Ask an enrollment associate for details.
Why go through Alliance Abroad? What’s included in the cost?
- Guaranteed 6 or 12-month* paid job placement secured prior to departure
- Professional review and optimization of your CV/Resume
- 1-on-1 support through the application, interview and on-boarding process
- We help you find and secure safe, affordable housing
- 2 nights hostel accommodation upon arrival to Australia
- 24/7 support and access to a 24-hour emergency number
- Tax File Number set up and consultation with TaxBack
- Travel Medical Insurance Options
- Orientation and Training
- Access to special events and cultural information
- Assistance with your tax refund
*For 12-month placements, a 6-month placement is guaranteed prior to departure to Australia;
another 6-month placement will be arranged while you’re in country.
*The program fee does not include rent, meals, flight, Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA) if employed in a F&B or Bar Staff role, or the $420 AUD visa application fee.
Is travel medical insurance included?
Travel medical insurance and trip cancellation insurance are available for purchase. We’ve teamed up with International Medical Group to offer Alliance Abroad Group participants whom are traveling outside of the U.S. optional travel insurance coverage. Medical plans start at just under $47 USD per month; trip cancellation plans are only $26.70 USD per month. Learn more about travel medical insurance and enroll here.
How do I apply?
1) Make sure that you meet program eligibility requirements listed above
2) Prepare your CV/Resume
3) Start your online application and upload CV/Resume
4) Pay your deposit
5) Get ready for the time of your life
Our enrollment associates will contact you shortly to discuss your preferences and assist you through the entire interview and placement process.